Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (4)


Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Basically, follow me and say hi in the comments, and I'll follow you back!

This week's featured blogs: Books are my reality & Concise Book Reviews

Q: Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

A: Streetcar Named Desire, hands down. I love that it's a play, but Williams manages to make it so vivid and haunting despite his limited access to description. To Kill a Mockingbird and Grapes of Wrath are probably close seconds.



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I think I was the only one in my class who enjoyed Grapes of Wrath. And I'm going to have to look into Streetcar Named Desire.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any of those except To Kill a Mockingbird. I swear, that book was required throughout all of U.S.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Streetcar yet, but it always sounds so great.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Streetcar Named Desire, it was a fun play to read in class and everyone yelling "STELLA!"

    Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I read all three of those at some point between middle and high school. :)

    New Linky follower. My F&F post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read a Streetcar Named Desire. Hmmmm. Might need to get on that.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved To Kill A Mockingbird! I haven't heard of the other titles, but I'll have to check them out! Old follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to read A Streetcar Named Desire too! It was crazy and I loved it! Great picks! New follower :)

    MY FF:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never had to read that in school. In fact, the only one of those I had to read was The Grapes of Wrath. I'm old! : )

    New follower! You can check out my FF here: http://mysticbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-is-meme_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I forgot about Streetcar named Desire. I liked that too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete